Are you driving to a relative’s house for the Thanksgiving holiday?
You’ll be joining a record 54 million travelers. No wonder Thanksgiving is just as well known for stressful travel as for feasts, family and football.
Thanksgiving is the biggest travel day of the year. This year’s holiday promises to be the biggest since 2005.
48.5 Million will be on the roads, a 5 percent increase over last year.
Check out these travel stats, courtesy of ICE Portal
- 50.9 million Americans will journey 50 miles or more away from home this Thanksgiving (a 3.3% increase over last year.)
- Eighty-nine percent of travelers are planning a Thanksgiving road trip.
- Consumers will pay the cheapest average airfare since 2013.
- 3.95 million travelers will fly by air (a 5% increase from last year.)
- Thanksgiving Travel by other modes (train, buses, cruises) is expected to increase by 1.1% from last year (1.48 million travelers.)
Unfortunately American roads are the most deadly in the industrialized world. This is a new phenomenon. In the 1990s the fatality rates were among the lowest in the world. These days, Slovenians’ roads are safer. Continue reading