Berenson Injury Law's year in reviewThis photo from a lawsuit we are working on aptly depicts 2020. Between the coronavirus, economic hardships, political turmoil, street protests, and environmental disasters, by the end of the year we all felt battered and bruised. The year seemed like a never-ending series of horrific high-speed pileups caused by extremely drunk guys in enormous trucks. And to make matters worse for thousands of people, car and truck wrecks continued unabated in North Texas. When the quarantine forced many people to stay home, there should have been fewer collisions. Unfortunately that didn't happen. And ironically, with roads being less crowded, some idiotic drivers chose to go even faster and cause ever more injuries and fatalities. In mid-March, our staff immediately switched to working remotely. Because of these setbacks, we worked harder than ever. Our claims manager, who has been doing a fantastic job here for 13 years, had already been working virtually for many of them and is an IT guru. So we never missed a day in the transition. Mr. Berenson came to the office every day and was one of the only people in his building. When we met clients, we all wore masks and distanced. We were well aware that 2020 was the worst year to be in a vehicle crash because
- Injured victims were quarantined, lost jobs or hours, and hurt not just physically but financially;
- Hospitals and doctors were closed or overwhelmed by the virus; if someone could be seen there, they feared getting Covid-19;
- Schools were closed and many children were home, so injured people could not leave for medical treatment;
- Courts closed in March and jury trials have still not resumed; and
- Insurance companies were slower and harder to work with than ever.
Fighting for our clientsWe achieved many positive results including
- resolving a lawsuit for $950,000 against an out-of-state company whose employee crashed into the truck driven by an elderly man and his wife; they netted $523,000 after legal fees, expenses, and medical bills of $52,000 after their balances were reduced by Medicare;
- settling a lawsuit for a confidential sum against a world-wide delivery company whose 18-wheeler crashed into a man and woman;
- resolving a lawsuit for a total $130,000 for the widow of a man who tragically lost his life when his truck was hit by a drunk driver in Fort Worth. We made the drunk's liability company pay the maximum amount of $30,000 even though he was excluded from the policy, then obtained the total available of $100,000 from the couple’s insurance company, with the widow recovering $88,000;
- settling a claim against a tractor-trailer company for $178,000, with two women and their daughters receiving $120,000;
- resolving the claims of a woman crashed into by an intoxicated driver in Houston for the maximum of $100,000; she netted $62,500;
- settling the case of a man walking along Interstate 20 at night for the maximum of $100,000 (the final amount has not been resolved due to a Medicaid lien);
- suing a major bus company after settling a claim for the maximum $100,000 available on behalf of a man who lost part of his arm in a bus/truck collision (that truck is pictured above), with our client netting $65,200 to date;
- suing an extremely intoxicated business executive who seriously injured our client and took the life of another man; and
- resolving three tragic wrongful death cases, two involving young people, in the past three months.
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD),
- Tarrant County Food Bank,
- Fort Worth Independent School District,
- Cowtown Marathon,
- Meals on Wheels,
- Humane Society of North Texas, and
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
Teaching the public and advocating for safer roadsBerenson Injury Law published numerous informative articles about the latest laws, cases, and events that affect collision cases. We were honored when the State Bar of Texas chose multiple posts for its weekly Top Ten list. Here are some of the most popular ones from 2020:
Auto and truck crashes:How a Texas personal injury case is affected by Covid-19 10 ways to stop drunk driving crashes Stronger car safety laws to be enforced? Most surprise medical bills will finally end Eggshell plaintiff cracked in Texas?
Commercial truck collisions:Fatal truck crash damages rejected by Supreme Court Key federal regulations for 18-wheelers How American's trucker shortage is making our highways more dangerous Fatal commercial truck crash in Texas: what to do 18-wheeler drivers taking dangerous opioid drugs? DOT to finally test
Our client reviewsLast, but by no means least, we were gratified that all of our clients were very happy with our legal services. We were proud to receive 88 5-star reviews just on Google last year. Here are the latest five: ★★★★★ “Mr. Berenson and his team is very professional and supportive. They worked so efficiently even during the Covid and got my settlement with car insurance company within one month after I contacted them.” -Lihe ★★★★★ “Mr Berenson and his team has been awesome… Covid 19 did not slow them down, they did everything possible to get the best settlement as possible. They treated me as a friend and made the journey so easy.” -Adele ★★★★★ “From start to finish this has been one of the best experiences I have had with any company… Bill has gone above and beyond for me and fought hard to get more than I could have imagined! Overall great friendly and professional staff that will get the job done!” -Shane ★★★★★ "This Law group was by far the best I’ve seen... I felt that they were diligent and did a very good job!!" -Garrick ★★★★★ “From the very first first day, Mr Berenson and team mates were quite supportive. Kept me updated every tiny details of the case . Always treated like a friend taking care of a friend… Mr Berenson helped me financially. It was beyond expectation that he helped me twice with a loan without interest... I would like to thank all team mates and Mr Berenson from my heart. I would recommend every one to contact Berenson Injury law firm at the time of need . They are the best and you all will get quite amicable behavior personally and professionally.” -Dinesh Thank you to our wonderful clients for allowing us the honor and privilege of representing you. Our goal is to provide the best service and most compassionate attention to each client.
Our hope for 2021As Mr. Berenson begins his 41st year advocating for his clients and the driving public, he wants to try to make it a better world. He just had his first grandson several weeks ago and loves this photo. His client had been hit by a tractor-trailer and had come in just before the pandemic began to get his settlement check with his cute little boy. Mr. Berenson hopes and prays that the vaccines take hold as soon as possible and that they help restore normalcy and decency to Fort Worth, the United States, and the world.
Bill Berenson Listed For Seventh Year In a RowFORT WORTH, TX - Berenson Injury Law is pleased to announce that The National Trial Lawyers has selected William K. Berenson for inclusion in the seventh annual list of the Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers. Attorneys chosen have demonstrated superior legal achievements and shown to possess premier qualifications. The invitation-only list is decided after a thorough analysis including peer nominations and third-party research.
About Berenson Injury LawBerenson Injury Law represents clients in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and throughout Texas, primarily in motor vehicle collision injury and death cases.
Mr. Berenson has represented injured victims and their families for 40 years. He is an experienced trial lawyer who has been certified since 1992 by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Personal Injury Trial Law. Berenson has been involved in high profile legal matters including an appeal to the United States Supreme Court challenging the results of the 2000 presidential election, the controversial “Affluenza” case, and others.
Berenson Injury Law enjoys a long track of success and has been recognized with numerous awards. Berenson has been practicing throughout the state of Texas since 1980 and has secured numerous verdicts and settlements in excess of one million. He has also run a marathon in every state in the country and several others in his 50s and 60s.
For more information, please contact Berenson Injury Law at 1-888-801-8585 or complete this form.
- Recent decisions from the Texas Supreme Court
- Trial and appeal procedures
- Vehicle and tractor-trailer crashes
- Dram shop (suing bars and restaurants which over serve customers who cause collisions)
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists benefits
- Brain injuries
- Liens and subrogation claims
- Settlement demands
- Medical expenses
- Rideshare (Uber and Lyft)
- ATV/UTV wrecks
- Probate issues
- Product liability
Goodbye 2010sIt is hard to believe that another decade is coming to an end. My, how time has flown, right? As an example, Mr. Berenson was attending the board of directors meeting and annual convention of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association downtown at the Hilton Hotel last month. He loves history and old photographs and spotted this one that captured President Kennedy's last morning in front of the hotel. Mr. Berenson still vividly remembers JFK's death being announced to his fourth grade class in Nashville in 1963. The photo is a stark reminder that you never know what the future will bring.
Another outstanding year2019 has been another great year for our firm. We worked tirelessly representing several hundred injured North Texans to get them the compensation they deserved. More information about some of those lawsuits and claims is here. The best part of the year has been getting to know so many wonderful people. And we are delighted that they all reported that they were very happy with their results. Thank you to our wonderful clients for allowing us the privilege of representing you and for writing all of those 5-star reviews. For example, here is a typical one written by a very nice woman from Dallas:
Very good lawyer, excellent work team, they treat you like family and fight for the right thing for you, I am very satisfied with their services. I highly recommend them!More reviews are here (for those people who have been injured in a collision and are researching a car accident lawyer).
Community serviceMr. Berenson has spent many hours and devoted substantial resources into his favorite community projects, especially education, nutrition, and fitness. Among other activities he
- donated to and delivered for Meals on Wheels and donated to the Tarrant Food Bank,
- donated to and served again on the advisory board of directors of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (and placed third in MADD's 5K race because it was such a small one),
- mentored and gave out Christmas presents to the elementary school he adopted 15 years ago, and
- sponsored the Cowtown Marathon's C.A.L.F. race for children.
Information for the publicFrom new laws that affect North Texas drivers to how to win trials and obtain the biggest out of court settlements, we have posted useful articles to inform the public about car, truck 18-wheeler, motorcycle, and pedestrian crash cases - the only cases we handle. We stay on top of the latest legal cases and developments. Many other posts are here.
Car and truck collisions1. Texas car accident laws to know after crash 2. Red Light Cameras Legal: Texas Supreme Court 3. Vision Zero adopted to end Fort Worth car crash deaths 4. How to win mediations 5. Texas UIM benefits to be easier to collect: new decision
Commercial truck crashes1. Key federal regulations for 18-wheelers 2. Fatal commercial truck crash in Texas: what to do 3. Tractor trailer crashes have to be stopped 4. How America's trucker shortage is making our highways more dangerous 5. How good truck accident investigation can win case
Looking forward to the 2020sMr. Berenson is excited that 2020 marks his 40th year practicing personal injury law in Fort Worth. He will keep fighting for injured Texans. Based on the crazy way that people drive, he expects that it will be another busy year for his firm. And we are working up several catastrophic crash cases for trial. Mr. Berenson will also continue to support North Texas. He believes he has an obligation to give back to the community. He and his team will also keep blogging about issues that affect the safety of drivers and advocate for change. We will discuss the future of DFW's transportation in our next post. Who knows what North Texas traffic will look like in the years ahead?
Happy New Year from the Berenson Injury Law.
Berenson Injury Law is a proud supporter of MADDOur firm was a Champion Supporter of the event. We have sponsored past Walks Like MADD and I have served on the advisory Board of Directors for several years to support the organization and the victims of drunk driving and their families. I also donated four $50 gift cards to the top runners to encourage runners to come out to race. On a personal note, I ran my first race in several years after being injured so I was pleased to finish third in the 5K race (especially since I was the oldest person running). Scott Murray, the long-time sports announcer, presented the awards. My law firm knows first hand the horrors of DWI collisions as we have represented injured victims and their families over the past nearly 40 years. We have filed lawsuits and recovered damages from drunk drivers and the bars and restaurants that over served them alcohol.
Driving while intoxicated is a serious public health crisisThese numbers are, well, MADDening:
- Almost 11,000 people lost their lives last year in the United States in a drunk driving wreck.
- That's one person every 48 minutes.
- Locally, 90 people in the Metroplex died in over 5,000 of these collisions last year.
- DWI crashes are the leading cause of death in road collisions.
- They affect two out of three Americans during their lifetimes.